**"If Jesus gives us a task or assigns us to a difficult season, every ounce of our experience is meant for our instruction and completion if only we'll let Him finish the work. I fear, however, that we are so attention-deficit that we settle for bearable when beauty is just around the corner."**-Beth Moore
"My determined purpose is to be my utmost for His highest— my best for His glory." Oswald Chambers
"When You FACE UP to God's Glory, You Find Yourself FACEDOWN in Worship." Matt Redman
"True Worship has nothing to do with the type of music but the words in the music and coming to the Lord in Total Adoration"Unknown
"God loves you just the way you are, but he refuses to leave you that way." ~ Max Lucado

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Last 20 Years Of My Life(My Birthday Post!)




Well, I'm 20 now! It's my Birthday! Happy birthday to me! I wanted to take time in this post to reflect on the last 20 years and say thank you to ALL who have had an impact on me in some way!


20 years ago, I Rebecca came into the world! And i came in with a BANG! what i mean is i put my momma through a very tough labor and a very long labor! I'll spare ya the details! Then as i grew up they realized i had a very rare syndrome and a learning disablity and had to have several operations! The doctors never though i'd talk, make it through school, or go to college! Guess what they were so very WRONG! Thank you Jesus!

The last 20 years have been a journey! I can't even begin to list everything but what I can say is this, God has and is teachimg me so much in my life that I can't help but stand in aw of His Mercy and grace! Im so so greatful to all the wonderful people God has brought in and out of my life to help make me who I am today! It truly is a miracle who I am today and I ultimatly ow it all to Christ but I also ow it all to you who have made me who I am today through the laughs,tears,hugs,kisses,fights, goodtimes,bad,times,prayers,everything! Thank you! Thank you from everything in me! I feel so very blessed to have you all in my life and to have known all of you! Some of you only from a distance and through online! some of you very close! Thank you!

God is so good and so faithful! Even though me and my family and those around me have been through very tough times, we know that He is always there! I hope when people look at me and my life I hope they see that I love Jesus Christ with everything in me! and I hope they see how much I love to see people i love and care about come to know Christ and grow in Him!

The last 20 years have been amazing, and I would not trade them for anything! And I hope I'm around for 20 more years! I love each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart! I truly mean that! Happy Birthday to me! God is good!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca,

Happy Birthday! I can't believe you are 20th! I love you and give
thanks and praise for your life and the blessings I have been given over the years through your life and watching God work through you and for you! You are a reflection of our Heavenly Father!
In Christ Alone and His Love,
Mom <>< Psalm 139!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ok! Now I know how to do this!
I wanted to leave you the poem I wrote you when you were a little girl! You know....My Angel in Disguise! Anyway, I wanted to make sure you got me as your first post on your 20th Birthday! I hope it is a special day and a wonderful new year for you at CCU! Glory to God! In His Unfailing Love, Mom <><

SMOM said...

Becca,
WOW!! No longer a teenager...this new season of your life promises to be filled with a multitude of blessings from Abba God :-) You are such a "breath of fresh air" and an inspiration to so many! I can't wait to hear and see all that the Lord does in your life in the years to come. Have a BLESSED 20th birthday!!

Love ya,
Sandy

SMOM said...

Becca,
Wanted to make sure that you knew it was Sandy Welbon who posted last. I forgot to put my last name :-( You probably know more than one Sandy...

Love you!!

Powered By Blogger