**"If Jesus gives us a task or assigns us to a difficult season, every ounce of our experience is meant for our instruction and completion if only we'll let Him finish the work. I fear, however, that we are so attention-deficit that we settle for bearable when beauty is just around the corner."**-Beth Moore
"My determined purpose is to be my utmost for His highest— my best for His glory." Oswald Chambers
"When You FACE UP to God's Glory, You Find Yourself FACEDOWN in Worship." Matt Redman
"True Worship has nothing to do with the type of music but the words in the music and coming to the Lord in Total Adoration"Unknown
"God loves you just the way you are, but he refuses to leave you that way." ~ Max Lucado

Monday, January 21, 2008

My CCU Admissions Essay(My Testamony)


Rebecca Heckenbach
January 17, 2008
CCU Admissions Essay

Please describe your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. What
does it mean to you to be a follower of Christ?

My personal relationship with Christ is the number one priority in my life. I try my hardest to make it my precedence to walk with Him daily. My life's desire is to one day hear the words "Well done, good and faithful servant!" To be the most humble of servants is to be the greatest of warriors! I am passionately in love with my savior. Through the path Christ has taken me, I have become a servant of Jesus, ready to offer my life wholly to God.
I truly feel called by God to change lives and be his tool. I am made in God's own image, which is what identifies me. God created me to be his child, servant, warrior and nothing and nobody can alter that. We as Christians are often tempted by the trappings of this world, but Christ has taught me the ways of the world are desperately wicked. I have come to the realization that all things earthly are temporary. The treasure that awaits me in heaven is much greater than anything this world has to offer me. This is what I live for.
My personal relationship with Christ began when I was five years old at an AWANAS meeting. During one the group meetings the director ask if any one wanted to accept Christ as there savior. Ever since that night my relationship with Christ has been growing into a deeper passion and love for Him. Christ has blessed me with a sincere desire to live like Him. When I was nine years old I dedicated my life my life to Him publicly by being baptized at my church, Foothills Bible Church. My relationship with him has been a growing process and continues to be. He teaches me through good times and the bad. He often teaches me most when he feels far away. This past year I have really had a deep desire to be even closer to Him and dive even deeper into the word of God. Recently, I feel that I am finally able to devote my self to Him completely and
whole heartily! My relationship with Christ has had its ups and downs, but in the end I always know that he loves me unconditionally no matter what. One of the most comforting aspects about my relationship with the Lord is that He knows everything about me. He knows me inside and out and He knows my heart!
To be a follower of Christ means to give yourself to Him completely and whole heartily. It is the sacrifice one makes to forsake things that do not bring Him glory. In my experience as a follower of Christ, it has meant vulnerability and commitment. Being a follower of Christ means continuing to grow in your relationship with Him and getting into His word daily. Praying and talking to Him daily, and having healthy Christian fellowship allows us to follow with our eyes open. To be a follower of Christ you have to be willing to listen to Him and obey his calling. He calls us to have faith like a child. This means we won’t always have all the answers, but our desire for Him and knowing Him more warm His heart. I strongly believe that Christ accepts the broken. He
says, “Come to me as you are!” In the Bible, it says that He loved everyone from children to thieves to prostitutes. I find great joy in knowing that I have Christ as my Lord and Savior. Oswald Chambers says it perfectly; "My determined purpose is to be my utmost for His highest— my best for His glory." To be a follower of Christ we all need to live our utmost for His highest and be are best for His glory just like the quote inspires. We as followers of Christ need to learn to stand on His word and rely on Him. Following Christ is the insignificant yet greatest sacrifice we can offer to such an amazing God.
I can’t really begin to really describe my personal relationship with
Christ, but I can tell you that deep in my heart and soul. Without Him in my life I would be nothing and have no idea what to do without Him. He truly is my everything! I can try to describe what it means to be a follower of Christ, but it truly is something everyone must experience for himself or herself!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

I just came across your blog today. That is an awesome admissions essay! I love your last paragraph, it is so very true! God Bless

Tasha

Powered By Blogger